Green Valley Meat Distributors Inc. provides quality halal wholesale meat to the Houston, Dallas and Austin area. Our Zabiha Halal meats are derived from lawful animals and birds which were examined before slaughter and thereafter by USDA inspectors and were found wholesome and free of diseases. The animals and birds are slaughtered according to the Islamic Shariah and considered Zabiha Halal as follows:
- The animals and birds are treated humanely on the farm and in the slaughterhouse.
- A Muslim Slaughterman pronounces the Tasmiah (Bismillah Allahu Akbar) in person.
- A Muslim Slaughterman operates a sharp knife or mechanical knife to cut in front of the neck through the skin, trachea, esophagus and major blood vessels. The Muslim Slaughterman also slaughters by hand any chicken which may miss the blade.
- Thorough bleed out of the carcasses and death of the animals and birds before processing.
- The Muslim Slaughtermen perform the Halal slaughtering on a full time basis to produce all Zabiha Halal meat.
- The Halal chicken and meat is processed by these plants under strict guidelines and has not been mixed with other meat or forbidden ingredients.
What is zabiha halal?
The word Halal in Arabic means permissible or acceptable. When it applies to meat, Halal means that the meat has been derived from acceptable species (beef, lambs, chicken, etc.) that were slaughtered according to the Islamic Shariah.
The word Zabiha(h) (Dhabihah) in Arabic means that the animal/bird is slaughtered with a sharp instrument, whether hand held or fixed. The meat is classifed as Zabiha when the following conditions are observed:
- The animals/birds are treated humanely on the farm and in the slaughterhouse.
- A Muslim pronounces the Tasmiah (Bismillah Allahu Akbar) in person.
- A sharp instrument, a knife held by hand or a fixed mechanical blade, is used to cut in the neck region of the animal/bird through the skin, trachea, esophagus and major blood vessels.
- Thorough bleeding of the carcass (maximum bleed out) and death of the animal before processing
When the animals/chickens are slaughtered by a Muslim using a sharp hand held knife, the meat is classified as Hand Zabiha Halal, and when they are slaughtered using a sharp mechanical knife under the supervision of a Muslim, the meat is classified as Zabiha Halal. In the second procedure, the Muslim slaughterman will also cut by hand any chicken which may miss the fixed blade. You could refer to the criteria of slaughtering procedures in the Word Halal Standards authored by the World Halal Council, an international body of scholars and Halal certifiers.